We need a new reading... A new reading of 1917...

Monday, August 2, 2010

1917

We need a new reading...

A new reading of 1917...

What happened back in 17?

A revolution? Something new? Something old? A dream? An utopia?

Maybe yes... Perhaps the key answer is the "utopia". I like this term. It is a term without borders. A island like this one of Man's. I am from an utopia. I am from the New Rome. Today they called it "Istanbul".

I was born in the city of the cities. I came face to face with the discrepancies. I lived with social injustice. I cried for the Sevastia massacre of 1993. I cried for Alexis in 2008.

Social injustice and dreams in one way roads...

We need a new reading of 1917. That's why I am for a "new 1917"... Perhaps a disillusion with revolution... Perhaps a brand new utopia...

I will try...

No comments:

Post a Comment